Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma Susan!

For Grandma Susan's birthday we rode the ferry, not to go anywhere - just for fun. When we reached Bainbridge Island, we just stayed on the gang plank and got back on the ferry.





Sam has been asking to ride on a boat for several weeks. He was so excited! It was a beautiful day to be out on the Sound. The scenery was gorgeous. It was also the day of the Seattle Maritime festival, so there were lots of boats out. We even saw the Seattle fireboat putting on a show.

After our ferry ride, we went to Ivars for lunch and fed the seagulls. This has been a favorite family activity/tradition since my family moved to Washington 20 years ago. It was Sam's first time! He thought it was the greatest. What isn't to love about hurling french fries in the water and seeing it devoured by birds, or watching them snag a fry in mid-flight.?
Sam's, "sandwich in a boat!"

After lunch we went for a ride on the carousel. It was a fun day.
If you ask Sam, he will tell you how old Grandma Susan is.

Happy Birthday, Grandma Susan!

2 comments:

Jen said...

We used to ride the ferry to Whidby all the time! And then turn right around and head back. Sometimes it's fun to just be out on the water!

Shirley said...

What a fun way to spend a birthday! I love Ivars too. I remember you guys taking me when I stayed up there for summer camp. I've never been able to do what you did and let a seagull take a fry from my head. :) Every time I go up I try to go back to Ivars.

I know I'm late, but Happy Birthday Aunt Susan! :)