Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Service and the mystery quilter

It seems that lately I have been hearing a lot about service. We had a great lesson in relief society this week based on Elder Amado's talk Service, A Divine Quality. Elder Uchtdorf gave a wonderful talk at Women's Conference related to service, and this month's Ensign cover story is is about service. With the birth of my new daughter I have been the beneficiary of many acts of service. My mom and mom-in-law have taken such great care of us. Many friends have brought us delicious dinners. But I wanted to highlight one particular person's charitable acts of service - our ward's mystery quilter.
There is a woman in our ward who anonymously makes a beautiful baby quilt for every baby who is born in our ward - and there are a lot of babies in our ward. Each quilt is amazingly unique and adorable. Here are pictures of the front and back of the quilt she made for Molly. (You can click on each image for a better view)


We were lucky enough to live in the ward for the birth of both of our children. Here is the quilt she made for Sam.


Thank you mystery quilter!

3 comments:

Cailean said...

Isn't she amazing! Each time we've found out we're expecting, there has been a moment where time stands still and the heavens open and I realize (with a choir singing "Hallelujah" behind me) "Another QUILT! WE GET ANOTHER QUILT!" Yours are fabulous!

Shirley said...

Wow.. its so amazing to me how some people are so giving of themselves. Those quilts are so beautiful! You're so lucky to receive such service. :)

Belkycita said...

Oh wow! I hadn't seen Molly's they are so cute!
She is just too wonderful and extremely talented.